The Works: Ultimate Sustainable Travel Kit
If you are looking to make your travels more sustainable, but not sure where to start? Then the Works Kit is for you! This kit is the ultimate collection of eco-friendly travel products you need to make a difference. We have done the work for you to understand which items are must-haves for travelling. Plus, weighing less than 2 pounds, you will have enough space for that extra pair of shoes! Better yet, you save up to 30% by bundling the items.
Each Works Kit contains:
- Sustainable Travel Towel: Lightweight double-sided towel that is made out of recycled materials, diverting 28 plastic bottles from landfills and oceans. More details here.
Explore20 Backpack: Packs down to the size of a hand, making it the ultimate travel backpack. More details here.
- Bamboo Toothbrush: Stylish alternative that only takes 4 months to decompose, compared to over 400 years of the plastic alternative. More details here.
- 14-Day Toothpaste Tablets & Travel Tin (Spearmint): Avoid the plastic waste of traditional toothpaste and use this tasty alternative. Pop one in your month, bite, then brush! More details here.
- 2x Food Storage Bags: Versatile reusable storage bags that are 100% FDA certified, biodegradable, recyclable, and freezer-friendly. Just wash, dry, and reuse! More details here. More details here.
- 2x 90mL Soft Travel Bottles: Soft and stylish travel bottles that are perfect to carry your liquids and creams on-the-go. More details here.
- Bamboo Cutlery Set with Stainless Steel Straws: Replace single-use utensils with this reusable bamboo cutlery set that is stylish and lightweight. More details here.
- Laundry Detergent Sheets: Each sheet provides ultra-concentrated, convenient, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent. More details here.
All products are super versatile and perfect for both travel and home. Two products that need more instructions are:
1. Toothpaste Tablets: It’s easy! You simply pop a tablet in your mouth, chew the tablet a couple of times, and brush with a wet toothbrush.
2. Laundry Detergent Sheets: Step 1: Remove strip from bag; Step 2: Place strip in washer or sink; Step 3: Add clothes
All products come package-free, except for the bamboo toothbrush, toothpaste tablets, and laundry detergent sheets. However, that packaging can be recycled.
1. Keepsie Towel: 85% recycled plastic bottles, which are made into polyester and 15% nylon to provide absorbency and softness
2. Explore20 Backpack: 600D Nylon
3. Bamboo Toothbrush: Bamboo handle with nylon bristles
4. 14-Day Toothpaste Tablets:
Xylitol: A sugar alcohol found in most plant material and extracted from birch wood. Adds sweetness to the tablet
Dicalcium Phosphate: Commonly used as a food additive. A polishing agent and assists with tablet binding
Flavour: Natural spearmint flavour. Used for taste.
Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate: A plant-based foaming agent. Makes the tablet feel like regular toothpaste when used with water.
Sodium Bicarbonate: A polishing agent. Reduces the acidity in your mouth and a mild cleaner
Menthol: A compound obtained from peppermint oil. Gives that pop of freshness
Silicon Dioxide: Naturally derived from the earth's crust and makes up 95% of rocks on the planet. Avoids clumping and added as a manufacturing lubricant
Mentha Spicata Leaf Extract: Natural spearmint leaf. Adds subtle flavour and colour to the tablet
5. Reusable Food Storage Bags: 100% PEVA, which stands for polyethylene vinyl acetate. It is a BPA free, non-chlorinated vinyl that is lightweight, durable, biodegradable and recyclable
6. Soft Reusable Travel Bottles: Silicone
7. Reusable Bamboo Cutlery Set: Cutlery is made out of bamboo; straws are made out of stainless steel; case is canvas and polyester cloth with a metal clip
8. Laundry Detergent Sheets:
- Vegetable Glycerin: Plant-derived softener
- Starch: Plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA: Biodegradable supporting matrix
- Potassium Sorbate: Food grade preservative
- Light Mineral Oil: Used in manufacturing as a processing aid (not an active product ingredient)
- Cocamido propyl betaine: Coconut oil based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Sodium Gluconate: Plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: Plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: Biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Glycereth cocoate: Plant derived and food grade, biodegradable water softener
- Caprylyl Glucoside, Octyl Glucoside: Non-ionic surfactants (cleaning agents)
- Fragrance oil blend: Natural essential oils and synthetic ingredients
- Residual Water
- Tru Earth Eco-Strips are palm oil free & gluten free
1. Keepsie Towel: Donate or can be recycled with textile recycling
2. Explore20 Backpack: Donate or can be recycled with textile recycling
3. Bamboo Toothbrush: Remove bristles and recycle in plastics. Compost bamboo handle.
4. 14-Day Toothpaste Tablets: Place tin in metals recycling
5. Reusable Food Storage Bags: Place in plastics recycling
6. Soft Reusable Travel Bottles: Take the bottles to a specialized recycling company to be properly recycled. Silicone can be downcycled into an oil that can be as industrial lubricant, playground mulch, or other products.
7. Reusable Bamboo Cutlery Set: Bamboo cutlery can be composted; Straws can be recycled with metal recycling; the case can be recycled in textile recycling
8. Laundry Detergent Sheets: Place the empty box in your composting or cardboard recycling
All our products are created to reduce your environmental impact from travelling through durable, reusable, and eco-friendly materials
Each ounce in your travel bag is valuable so we made sure you can bring your Kit without sacrificing that extra pair of shoes
Sustainable adventures have never been easier! We have curated our favourite products all in one place to make your search easier
The Works: Ultimate Sustainable Travel Kit
We are a woman-founded, Canadian company with the purpose of inspiring sustainable travel. Our world is approaching a tipping point, everyone needs to change their habits so that we can ensure our world stays within appropriate temperature levels. Each of us can make a difference. To help you, we are a one-stop shop for sustainable travel products.
Your order makes a difference! Here are the different ways:
1. 5% of profits go to environmental causes. We are support Ecotrust Canada, a non-profit organization that focuses on creating sustainable energy and economy for Indigenous communities in Canada.
2. Offset of shipping carbon emissions. Gold Standard supports climate and development projects for local communities and ecosystems around the world through robust standards and verified impacts. It has the highest global standards for carbon offsets. We offset all shipping and transportation carbon emissions by donating to projects with Gold Standard.
3. No rush shipping. While we understand the excitement to receive your Keepsie Kits, we have chosen not to offer rush shipping. By avoiding express delivery, we save the equivalent of up to 4.02 trees each order!
4. Bye unnecessary packaging! We removed unnecessary packaging to reduce our environmental impact. All of our packaging can be reused or recycled. The packaging we use to deliver your order safely is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, printed with soy-based inks and on acid-free paper.
Shipping & Refunds
Do you ship internationally?
For now, we ship only to Canada and the United States. However, we will let you know once we expand globally.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Shipping in Canada may take around 5-7 days. Shipping for the United States will take up to 14 days.
Can I return my order if I don't like it?
Yes, we gladly accept returns and offer a full refund.
What do I do if my product was damaged?
We are sorry for the inconvenience! Contact our support team at email@example.com so we can make it right for you.